Citizens for Maryland Libraries (CML) works to build greater public awareness of the need for and services of our Maryland libraries. It is:
- a strong statewide network of individuals and organizations - people who value Maryland libraries; and
- the major voice of citizen advocates for library service and libraries across the state of Maryland.
Maryland State Senator Richard Madaleno shared these 10 Tips for Successful Advocacy
- Understand the rules and process for legislation
- Start back home as relationships are key
- Limit your agenda
- Know your audience
- Create visibility beyond stats by telling a story
- Coordinate with allies
- Keep it simple
- Be targeted
- Make no assumptions
- Be bold.
Mary Lou Dewey Advocacy and Awareness Grant
Congratulations to the Joppa Branch of the Harford County Public Library, recipient of the 2015 Award for support of the creation of an interactive art wall, that will be designed by students and used to display artwork by students.
New Strategic Plan
2014 Annual Report now available
CML Meeting Schedule
Please check back for future Meeting Dates