Citizens for Maryland Libraries (CML) works to build greater public awareness of the need for and services of our Maryland libraries. It is:
- a strong statewide network of individuals and organizations - people who value Maryland libraries; and
- the major voice of citizen advocates for library service and libraries across the state of Maryland.
Citizens for Maryland Libraries is a partnership between Library Professionals and the public that they serve. Advantages of joining include
- Opportunity to network with other members in your profession
- Learn about interacting with citizen based organizations
- Gain insight into statewide and local advocacy efforts
- Utilize the experience and knowledge of other CML members
- Put your unique skills to use by serving on one of our committees (Marketing, Legislative, Programs, Finance, etc.)
To join CML, visit our membership site today
Report of the Nominations Committee
Nominations for new Board members and officers for 2014 were submitted in October 2013. View report.
Smith Elected to United for Libraries Board
Congratulations to Jeffrey W. Smith, CML board member, on his election to the board of United for Libraries. Smith is President of the Foundation for Baltimore County Public Library and a member of the Baltimore County Board of Library Trustees.
The CML 2012 Annual Report summarizes the organization's activities on behalf of Maryland libraries in 2012.
CML Position Statement SB 430
Jeffrey W. Smith testifies in Annapolis. View Statement
CML Meeting Schedule
Please check back for future Meeting Dates