Citizens for Maryland Libraries (CML) works to build greater public awareness of the need for and services of our Maryland libraries. It is:
- a strong statewide network of individuals and organizations - people who value Maryland libraries; and
- the major voice of citizen advocates for library service and libraries across the state of Maryland.
Citizens for Maryland Libraries is a partnership between Library Professionals and the public that they serve. Advantages of joining include
- Opportunity to network with other members in your profession
- Learn about interacting with citizen based organizations
- Gain insight into statewide and local advocacy efforts
- Utilize the experience and knowledge of other CML members
- Put your unique skills to use by serving on one of our committees (Marketing, Legislative, Programs, Finance, etc.)
To join CML, visit our membership site today
CML requested responses from all gubernatorial candidates to a short list of questions related to library issues. The statements of candidates who responded are below.
New Strategic Plan
The Board of Directors approved a new Strategic Plan to guide CML for the next three years.
The CML 2013 Annual Report summarizes the organization's activities on behalf of Maryland libraries in 2013.
CML Position Statement SB 430
Jeffrey W. Smith testifies in Annapolis. View Statement
Mary Lou Dewey Advocacy and Awareness Grant
2014 Grant application due
August 31, 2014.
CML Meeting Schedule
Please check back for future Meeting Dates